Thursday, August 28, 2008
Preschool
Well it's time for us to make a decision about Ty going to preschool. It starts next week so I've been calling around to different preschools in the area and trying to find a good fit for Ty. I've been so back and forth on this issue, my family knows I keep leaning one way and then the other! Ty is a smart cookie and academically doesn't really need preschool, he knows his shapes, colors, numbers, letters... but it would be a nice social outlet for him. I called this one preschool and talked to the lady and it sounded great, but when I asked how much it cost she said two days a week it's $100, 3 days a week $150 and so on. What I heard her say was $100 a week and when I calculated that out I thought it would cost $400 a month!!! Yikes! Well, that answered my question--we could never afford that! I've been talking to family and friends about this matter and soon discovered that I must have heard wrong there's just no way! $400! So I stopped by today to take a tour and just see if I heard correct and it was actually $100 a month for two day! Few! That's more like it! So I'll just throw the question out there and feel free to vote on the pole---should Ty attend preschool?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Definitely! I think it's good for kids to attend preschool or another type of class on a regular basis. It helps them socialize with other kids their age. More importantly I think it helps ease them into next year when they start kindergarten and have to go everyday to school without mom.
I don't really know so much about sending my own kids to preschool, but I know that me personally going to preschool really helped me gain friends and be prepared for kindergarten. I was kind of like Ty when I was little and wasn't really challenged, but I definitely think it helped me make that transition into going to school and it was a lot of fun. -L
Post a Comment