Saturday, August 2, 2008

Man of the Year Award!!

I wish I could nominate my husband to be the man of the year! Nate is one awesome guy for many reasons:
  • He is really funny and makes me laugh
  • He honors his priesthood and is a great example
  • He watches chick-flicks with his wife (and stays awake)
  • He lets me win (sometimes) at games
  • He's hardly ever wrong but when he is he'll admit it
  • He is the best daddy and loves his children almost too much
  • He is a very hard worker at home, the office, church...
  • He asks me for advice and opinion even when he doesn't need it
  • He loves me and shows me he loves me
All these reasons make Nate an exceptional husband, but let me give one example that happened this morning which says it all. When we woke up this morning Ty had a great idea to make mama breakfast in bed! No it's not my birthday, anniversary, mother's day, I'm not even sick! But Nate thought it was a great idea too and so he carried this plan into action! Nate took the kids into the kitchen and cooked up the best breakfast! He insisted I stay in bed, which I did and read my book, and it was wonderful! Breakfast was absolutely incredible: waffles with strawberries and whip cream, yogurt parfait, orange juice! I thought I had gone to heaven! He once again insisted I stay in bed while he cleaned up the kitchen and I stayed in bed and read my book! I almost felt guilty for being so lazy, but it sure felt good! Is that one awesome guy or what? I don't know how I found such a winner of a husband, but somehow our stars aligned and I was blessed far more than I deserve with the most amazing man in the world! Thank you Nate for making my day! Thank you for a yummy breakfast and for taking such good care of me and the children! You are the man of the year in my book! I love you!

No comments: