This morning -right after breakfast- Mara found the paint and was ready to do an art project! I was still working on breakfast dishes, it seemed a little early to be creative!! So I suggested to Mara we get dressed first and
then we could paint. So what did little sweetie do? She went and got her clothes so she could get dressed! She picked out a shirt and pants--they even matched! First she tried putting her clothes on over her pajamas, but that just wasn't working! So her nice big brother helped her take the pj's off! Then Mara was bound and determined to put her clothes on all by herself! Boy did she try! I just watched in amazement as this little girl knew exactly how they should go, but just couldn't quite get them on that way!! So mama finally stepped in, (although it wasn't really wanted she might have spent the rest of the day trying to get
those clothes on! but I could tell she was getting frustrated!) I gave her a tiny bit of assistance and the rest she did on her own. Well she did exactly as she was told she got dressed and so it was time to paint!!I think our nice weather is officially gone! Who knows, maybe it will be back in a week! Today was rainy, rainy, rainy and very muggy too. We snuck a walk in between rain storms, but mostly we just entertained indoors. We have a camping trip to the Cascades planned this weekend--we are hoping for nice weather for one more fun camping trip!!
4 comments:
You've got a little artist on your hands.... I knew she was my favorite for a reason. Keep it up! Just make sure she doesn't make her "canvas" the wall :) I think my mom got sick of painting the walls that she left it with our drawings on it for years... ha!
Fun times! And what motivation to get dressed! Good job mom! :)
Hi Heidi Anne,
It is fun to see your happy face. I trust that life is good for you. You deserve to be happy and prosperous.
You are the woman.
Life in Tooele is good. We continue to work on the house, at church, and play occasionally.
I am sure your mom had difficulty keeping up with you, Blair, Holly and the rest of the crew.
It nice to see your comments. Erica appreciates your friendship and so do I.
Love, Marilyn
Hi Mara,
Way to go! I hope that you are going to make a fashion statement, and wear dress up clothes, change outfits often, strut your stuff, and be Miss Princess Dolly. You certainly are beautiful.
I also hope you will be nurturing, carry you doll around, feed, diaper, and love her.
If not, then I hope you are tuff and hold you own with Ty. Go girl!
It is nice to know you are creative and like to paint. We know play dough isn't your forte'.
Have fun camping this week. You always have a safe dry spot between your mom and Dad in the tent.
Love, Mimi
Dearest Marilyn,
I am the LUCKY one to be so Luck to have such luck in having a dear friend like Erica. She is such an example to me! And Blake... he's a good guy too :) What good kids you have and I'm so lucky to know you all! You all have blessed my life! Glad to hear you are surviving the Land of Tooele. We need to round up the troups sometime and have a get together! I am sure Blair would love that!
Have a great day! Love, Heidi
Post a Comment