Thursday, July 3, 2008

We forgot prayers

Every night after the kids are in bed it has become part of the 'routine' to run upstairs and check my email and maybe post a blog, or just check on something on the internet. It's also part of the routine for Ty to get out of bed not 1,2, but usually 3 times before he finally settles down for a long night sleep. So I can usually count on hearing the pitter-patter of footsteps as soon as I sit down to the computer and hear "mama I need a drink, I'm 'shirsty'"or "mama will you tell me one more story!" So tonight sure enough Ty came to the bottom of the stairs but this time he said "Mama?" and in my not so excited voice said "What Ty?" And then came the cutest and sweetest little response which made me practically jump up from my chair and run down the stairs: "We forgot to say prayers kneeling by my bed. Will you come kneel by me and say prayers with me." (We said family prayers in the living room, but it wasn't enough for Ty.) Is that cute or what? And so we knelt together in prayer and he said "Thankful it's my birthday tomorrow, please bless us to eat birthday cake." What a little sweetheart! You bet Ty, we will eat birthday cake tomorrow buddy!

No comments: