Sunday, August 23, 2009

spontaneous decision!

Last Saturday we headed to Portland to take Mimi to the airport to return to Utah. We stopped to make a potty-stop and when Nate got back in the car I said something like "I sure feel bad not being able to go to my 10 year high school reunion. But oh well, it's there and I'm here. Maybe next time." Nate responded by saying "E! You should go!" What?! He put out the idea of having my mom drive home with me instead of fly home and that way I could see my family and go to my reunion. No way, it wasn't going to work! I wasn't convinced it was the right decision or best choice. We got to the MAX train station to drop off Mimi and well we all decided it would be a great idea and best decision! Nate is on call to fight a forest fire any day and could be leaving for two weeks any way so why not go? So instead of dropping Mimi off we continued her vacation and took her to see the Saturday Market in Portland and Voodoo doughnuts. The market was interesting, I don't know if it was the merchandise being sold or the customers buying the merchandise that made it so fascinating! But we enjoyed looking through the shops.
We have heard all about the famous Voodoo doughnuts and could hardly wait to try a maple bar wrapped in bacon, or a captain crunch doughnut, but when we found the place the line was out the door, down the street, and around the corner! I don't care how good the doughnuts were I wasn't going to wait for two hours in line with three kids to try a famous doughnut! Next time we are in Portland (not on a Saturday) we may stop and try again! Bummer though, the kids were sure disappointed and so were we!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Erica,
I hope you are having a fun trip.
I wish I had your cell phone # I would have called you this morning already. Today is school registration and I found out who Kennedy's teacher is. And I'm dying to know if Ty is in her same class. She is in the afternoon class when Mrs. Creasey!!!! I wonder if they did that just because I asked for the other teacher! Who knows, I'm wondering if its for the best since its not the bilingual class. So I'm very curious to see where they stuck Ty. I asked if they would tell me if he was in her class and they wouldn't. Anyway good luck right!