Friday, July 9, 2010

Cousins

"Cousins are those childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends."
I'm so grateful my children have cousins. I think cousins are one of the greatest things in life! It was so cute to see Ty, Mara, Caleb, Kate, & Anna all running around and playing and being such good little friends the other night. Here they are playing on the piano together. (Caleb was up there too but wouldn't stay around for the photo!) I hope that they can always be close. I look forward to adding another cousin to the bunch (Scott & Lorisa's baby)--'the more the merrier' that's for sure!

We had a little fashion show on Sunday night. This cute red dress that Mara and Kate are modeling belonged to their great-grandma Linore Lowry. (My cute little grandma!) She wore this dress when she was 7 or 8 and it has been saved and preserved all these years. She was a very tiny lady. She probably wasn't much bigger than Kate, who is only 4! You can't really tell from the picture but the bottom is all pleated. It was hand sewn by Grandma Lowry's mother. A pretty neat little heirloom!
What beautiful little girls! Kate and Mara are such great little girls. They have darling personalities and are cute friends.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

All precious children. I am honored to be their grandma. The girls are darling models for an heirloom. Can't believe that the dress is still intact.
Glen had it cleaned and I was surprised the tiny pleats were permanent
Thanks for the photos.