Monday, July 12, 2010

Boat Ride

Tuesday

Tuesday was our boating day out on Utah Lake. Uncle Scott invited us to go along for a ride on his friend Cory's boat. It was a great day out on the lake! There were no other boats in sight--we had the lake to our self! The water was perfect! It was glassy and smooth for most of the afternoon.

This was the kids first ski boat ride.

It felt great being back on a boat again--oh how I missed it!

Two little friends--well, most of the time! Ty watched out for Mara and helped her feel comfortable and have a good time!

The moment I had been waiting for! Could I really get up on the ski again? It had been 10 years since I'd tried skiing! It took a couple tries and then I remembered 'the lucky feather' (something my dad always told me when I was skiing) and I popped right up! I had a couple great skis, but boy was I sore for a few days after! It was worth it though!

Ty and Mara watching their mama ski! I knew I had to get up to show my kids that I really knew how to water ski!

Ty had fun swimming in the lake! He kept asking 'when do we get to get in and go swimming?' Anytime Ty! He wasn't afraid of the water one bit!

Ty sure looks bored out there on the tube!

Once the boat started going he wasn't bored! He kept saying 'faster! faster!' I was proud of him for having the guts to get on the tube--way to go Ty! He loved it!

Mara liked just watching from the boat! I don't know if she even got in and went swimming! She is comfortable now with the swimming pool--next we need to work on her swimming in the lake!

Don't be decieved by either of these pictures! The boat wasn't actually going! Mara just wanted to sit on it but once it started drifting away she started freaking out! She did get a ride on the tube and so did Caleb! I held them one at a time and they had a fun ride. Caleb almost fell asleep with the rocking and bouncing, but I think he enjoyed it.

What did Caleb think of the boat ride? Well....let's just say he would have enjoyed it a lot more had he not had to wear his life jacket! He hated wearing his life jacket! He hated feeling so confined! But it was for his protection and he did great!

We're glad Mimi could go with us for the boat ride. We just wish she could have water skied! She didn't want to hurt her new knee! Maybe next time Mimi!

Under the blue shirt is a surprise! What could it be? Caleb! That's what! All the bouncing and rocking put my poor baby right to sleep! Mimi just held him and he had a great little nap!

Ty loved the tube so much I thought he would like to do the knee board also! He did NOT want to get on! But being the mom that I am I made him try it! Uncle Scott got out there with him and showed him how to hold on to the rope and lay on the board.

His face says it all 'torture'! He didn't like it one bit. He kept saying "I want the tube!" But at least he tried it! Uncle Scott was still behind him...

...then he let go and Ty went on his own. He was pretty mad about the whole experience but he did great! Ty let go of the rope, it wasn't a very long ride but at least he did it!
Thanks Uncle Scott for showing Ty how to ride the knee board! Thank you for a fun boat ride. We had a great and wonderful day!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I loved that day! Perfect water, weather, company and fun. We enjoyed a tasty lunch and it was not too hot.

Corey was a terrific host and boat driver. He did tricks on skis and boards that seemed super human.

I do hope there will be water skiing in heaven.

It was good for me to see you and Scott together. So glad you are friends.