colds huh? But today marked a milestone for me, I knew this day would come sometime but thought maybe it wouldn't be for a couple years from now. It came as a huge surprise and I thought at first it was rather funny, but now I'm feeling old and a little sad! What is this all about: I found my first white hair! I'm not even joking! Every morning when I get ready for the day I look in the mirror and check to see that I don't have any white hairs, and then today as I was curling my hair
there it was, it just stood out like a glowing piece of wire. I plucked it out and as I was marveling this strand of whiteness Ty asked if he could take my picture! Sure! Why not?!Well besides my white hair what else has been happening?
Yesterday we had Ty's friend Nephi over to play while his mom went to Portland. Ty just loves playing with friends, and it's good for him to learn that he can't always be the boss and in charge! Last Friday we had my two friends, Sandra and Amber, and their boys over. Mara is really out numbered, but she didn't mind and had a great time playing with the boys. Today we met all the friends at the library for story time and after we all met up at the park. The ages of the kids range from 1-6, and they all get along and play nice.
Mara is ready for summer to return! She found her swimming suit and insisted on putting it on! Summer went by too quick, and now that we've had rain for a week it feels like it will never return! What a difference the sunshine for just a day makes! We sure miss the sun when it's raining so much. One day this week it had stopped raining for a while so I thought it would be a good idea to go for a quick walk. We walked over to the store to drop off a DVD and as soon as we walked out of the store and down the street it began to poor!! I picked up Mara and grabbed Ty's hand and we hustled home as fast as we could! By the time we got home it had stopped raining but we were all soaked! So much for swimming suit weather Mar, I think we're going to have to wear our rain slickers instead!
2 comments:
I am so sorry about the gray hair. Let's consider this a rare happening and not worry about another one until you are 65. I think you probably got your grandma Clegg's gene and she didn't go gray until she was quite old.
I'm sure it was a shock! I am sorry! You have beautiful thick hair, so don't worry.
It is a blessing that your children have friends. You have created that blessing because you invite people over. Friends are always welcomed, and you plan fun things to do when friends visit. Your house will be the gathering spot for friends, and your children will be the recipient of your goodness.
I was so glad to be in the Wood stone Circle house so everyone could come and hang out. They always came to our other home, it was just crowded.
I don't know if I am ready for the rain. It is paradise here. Yesterday, I drove up Middle Canyon, watched the leaves fall and cover the canyon floor with all colors. There are so many kinds of trees and everyone is in a different stage of color. It really was spectacular. It is 3 minutes from home. This weekend we will be in Park City and that should be beautiful. Snow is predicted. That's O.K. too. We'll be inside.
Anna is being blessed so we will return to SLC on Sunday. I am excited to be with their family.
Dad is tired today. The day after his phlebotomy is always difficult.
He continues to work with ComCast so he can record the BYU games. He is such a fan!They are winning their games so that is exciting.
Thanks for the update on your blog.
Have you taken your children swimming at the Y? That might be a fun activity.
Sorry you were drenched. That just isn't a possibility here in Utah.
Love, Mimi
Your blog is so well done! I can't believe how well you've integrated colors, pictures and music. Really a pro! I'm sorry about the gray hair. I'm sure it will be the only one you get until you're 60, so just pull it out and don't worry about it.
Post a Comment