Monday, June 14, 2010

Date Night

One night on our vacation Nate and I were even able to go out on a date--a real date! The four siblings all went out together for a nice relaxing quiet meal! We called up the best baby sitters we could find: Papa & Mimi! Thanks guys for watching the kiddos!
Lorisa and I went to Micheal's that day and rampaged the $1 aisle finding loads of fun things to keep the kids busy: painting, coloring, crafts, play dough, these cute visors you see them wearing-they decorated them! The kids loved being with their grandparents and didn't seem to mind us gone!

Pretty smug face there Ty!! You look pretty cool with your soccer visor!!

Ty showing off his play dough: his very favorite color is green!

Kate seemed to have a fun time too! She's so cute! I loved hanging out with this little girl on the vacation!

The binki in Caleb's mouth is in not to make him stop crying but rather to keep the play dough out of his mouth: yes, he still eats everything!

Nice hat Mara Lew! Mara decorated her hat with flowers and bees!
The kids sure looked cute wearing their visors at the beach the next day!

So here's the funny story about our date night:
The lady that let us stay in her home for our vacation (Jill) had a brand new fully loaded Jeep--nice? No--REALLY NICE! So Blake gets this 'great' idea to drive the jeep to dinner-with the sides and top off! Hello? It's warm but not that warm here in Cali, especially at night, and driving down the freeway. I could have said NO WAY but why spoil my brother's fun? So we hop in the jeep and start driving. It gets a little chilly. We crank on the heat full blast. Nate scoots over and puts his arm around me so we can cuddle and stay warm! (That part I liked!) But I didn't like that we couldn't talk because it was so loud and windy! So we picked up Maren (Blake's date) and decided to make a few changes to the jeep! We put the top back but leave the sides--better but not great, I find a blanket in the back and wrap myself up in it to stay warm! It was a fun experience driving the jeep and it made for a fun memory!

We went to BJ's for dinner. Pretty good food but it was the company I enjoyed most! It was fun to sit around the table and talk with everyone and laugh with them. It was nice not to be interrupted by noisy children wanting constant attention. Speaking of children....

Shhhh! Sound asleep! So sweet! So peaceful! The babysitters did an awesome job!

Ty on the other hand was enjoying reading his dinosaur book. He said he would have gone to sleep had he been able to find his toothbrush! He just couldn't possibly go to sleep without brushing first!

No comments: