Monday, June 8, 2009

Silver Falls State Park

What a great camping trip! We headed to Silver Falls State Park this past weekend, which is such a great place--we can't wait to go back! There are several waterfalls throughout the park. We went Friday afternoon and when we arrived we went on the most amazing hike! We saw five different waterfalls which were all so incredible!








The best part about the camping trip was being with friends! Friday night we met up with our friends the Seables and we camped out together. Ty was in heaven running around with his buddies Tyson and Quentin. There was a play ground right by our campsight and the kids thought that was great fun!

And Caleb? On his second camping trip he did MUCH MUCH better! Yay! He was a very happy camper this time around! He did great! We made sure he had lots to eat--a full baby is a happy baby!
Saturday was a little rainy--but it didn't dampen our spirits any! We went on another great waterfall hike and then met up with the Bastings who used to live by us but moved away. Ty was so excited to see his buddy Kase he could hardly stand it!


Here's a slideshow of our trip:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I wish we were able to go on the other hikes! Looks like they were dryer. Send us some pics.

Marilyn said...

Kase is such a clone of Ty. Friends are such a blessing. I know you miss them. It isn't easy to find friends whose children match up with yours.

When we are resurrected, I want you for my mom. You have all the fun!. There is no way your children will be home-bodies. They are always on the move.

It is good that Nate and you are both so strong. There is no way I could carry a child on my back or front, and you can do both.

The scenery was spectacular, the memories will always be in your mind, the bonding time together was precious--I just wish you had a maid at home to clean up all the camping mess.

Thanks for the pictures. This is the only way I have to know your children.
Love all of you.

Heidi Henderson said...

Ha, I remember going to Silver Falls growing up and have pictures with it... small world huh. Got to love Oregon! Glad you are enjoying the state!