Thursday, April 9, 2015

Easter

I'll be honest...I'm not a big fan of plastic Easter eggs, coloring Easter eggs, Easter baskets, or Easter grass! Call me crazy but it's just all fluff! It has nothing to do with Easter! It detracts from the true meaning of this sacred holiday! But although I am apposed to such silliness it's still fun for the kids and they love it all! I just don't want my children to lose focus of what's really important: Our Savior Jesus Christ's Atonement and Resurrection! I really try to emphasize that this is the real reason for Easter and the true meaning of the holiday!

With that said we did color Easter eggs before our camping trip and the Easter Bunny came while we were on our camping trip so we could get all that 'fluff' over with before Sunday!

 Caleb was all about using every color of dye on his Easter eggs!

 Mara took her time and made sure each egg was just perfect!

Ty was detail oriented! He used several colors in different areas!
He was pretty happy with how they turned out! 

And Carder...well...he was just so happy to do this activity! He was pretty excited with about everything!

 Caleb's multi-colored egg sure turned out awesome!

 Carder's finished products! His eggs turned out great!


My favorite thing about Easter this year was watching General Conference and hearing our leaders of our church bear witness of our Savior! My other very favorite thing was a special Family Home Evening we had. Mara gave our lesson on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and we talked about the importance of Jesus Christ's resurrection. I am so grateful for the resurrection and the knowledge I have of being resurrected also. I am grateful I can see  my loved ones again that have passed away. I am grateful for the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I know He lives!

No comments: