Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Red Fish Lake!

We woke up on a Sunday morning hoping to attend church. We heard there was a LDS church in Stanley not too far from camp that we could go to. We did not have church clothes but thought maybe we could sneak in attend Sacrament Meeting and leave. We arrived on a beautiful sunny morning, the air was crisp and clear. The view from the church building was incredible, perfect view of the Sawtooth Mountain Range. As we walked up to the building we could hear men singing and realized they were outside having a meeting. We peaked our heads in the building and found the women having Relief Society. There were no children. Sacrament meeting was last and they only had two meetings! We turned around quickly and walked back to our car. Our heart was in the right place to try to attend church but it didn't work out! So instead we went on a beautiful nature hike and thought of all of God's glorious creations!

Mara and Carder ready to hit the trail. I can't remember the exact name of the trail but it was near Red Fish Lake. 

I can always count on my kids finding a huge rock to climb! 

The hike was beautiful past a stream, through meadows, inside forests! This is where we finished: a beautiful view of the mountain range. 

 The scenery up there was spectacular! Definitely on par with the Tetons! 

 
Picture perfect! Great hike! We could have continued on into the National Wilderness area but the kids were tired and this was a great place to turn around.

Next time I come I want to go backpacking and climb to the top of this mountain!! I should mention that although I loved visiting this place I was grateful we didn't live here! Nate applied for a job on this forest five years ago. He was actually given the job but turned it down. We just felt like it wasn't where we to live. A few days later Nate heard back from the Manti-La-Sal Forest and we moved to Price. It was interesting to go to the Sawtooth National Forest and think we almost lived there!

Nate had a surprise for all the good hikers! At the end of the trail everyone was given a Tootsie Pop! I don't know if this was a good idea or bad! Carder was one sticky mess in the end!

Everyone enjoyed their tootsie pop, thanks daddy!

In the afternoon when it got nice and hot we went and played at the beach of Red Fish Lake.

Can you see something in the water? What could it be? 

A crazy kid Ty! He jumped off the boat dock and swam to shore. Now I should tell you the ice just melted from this water two weeks before arriving there! The water was freezing cold!! He didn't seem to mind!

How do you feel now Ty after the swim?! COLD!

The kids had fun playing in the sand and building sand castles. 

After swimming in the freezing cold water the warm sun felt good on Ty's cold body! 

This smiley boy loved sitting in the warm sun (when it wasn't behind a cloud!) 

 Mara burying herself in sand!
 
Carder only dared getting his feet wet. I don't blame him, it was so cold it hurt! 

Fun times in the sand! 
 
The kids thought if they dug a hole and filled it with water it could be there 'hot tub', there was nothing hot about the water! It was still chilly!

It felt good after playing in the water to wrap up in a towel and sit in the sun!

No comments: