Friday, August 3, 2012

Lakewood Colorado!

Now this is what I call a vacation!!! Two days of nothing but relaxing, swimming, playing, and just hanging out!! We stayed in Lakewood Colorado just outside of Denver. Usually when we go on trips like this I would set out with the kids and go and see everything there is to see and do! But this time I asked the kids what they wanted to do and well....they were all about swimming in the pool and letting their poor pregnant mama relax!!

 Caleb is my no-fear swimmer! In fact he has learned a new trick: how to do flips and somersaults off the side of the pool!  And when he does this his little floaty-arms pop right off! So he is left sinking to the bottom of the pool! It scared me more than it scared him! When I pulled Caleb up he had a big smile on his face and would do it again! Crazy kid!

 Ty has become a really good swimmer! He is excited to be on the swim team when school starts!

Mara Lew loves to swim too, not as much as the boys and not quite as fearless of the water but she sure has a fun time!
 
 The best part about swimming was the water was so warm! It was an indoor pool and we could have swam all day long! I didn't have to worry about the kids getting sunburned or getting cold in the water! The other nice thing was we had the pool all to ourselves! It was a perfect pool day!

After swimming the kids (and their mom) were exhausted! They thought it was a real treat to be able to watch TV since we don't have it at our house! They didn't quite get the idea of live TV or commercials but they were pretty excited to see new shows. I did however feel somewhat guilty that we weren't at some great museum or exciting place but the kids were just as happy to be chillin as they would be spending lots of money!

We did find a park one day close to our hotel and played in the morning before it got too hot!
 
Who am I kidding?! It was HOT already! But the kids didn't seem to mind! They were happy to be outside playing at a new park. 
It was a very fun park...would have been even more fun if it had a splash pad!

 Caleb is such a big kid! He can do all the things at the park his big brother and sister do! They sure have fun together those 3! Glad they play so nice together!

No comments: