The reason for our trip to Phoenix was for Nate to attend a training conference. So while he was away every day we played! It was a great week! I had looked on the internet and asked friends where we should go and had kind of figured out what there was to do in Phoenix. I had decided one day we would go the the Science Museum because it looked like a cool place for kids to go and learn. Well...on our way to the Science Museum I was following the directions and out of the corner of my eye I saw a sign that said "Children's Museum turn Left!" So all my plans for the day changed because I figured the kids would have a much more fun time at the Children's Museum than the science museum!! And it's true! They had a wonderful time, and so did I!
As soon as we walked into the museum we saw this giant tree house like structure perfect for climbing and exploring. It was a three story playground! Perfect for kids my 3 kids! It was all fenced in so they couldn't fall off or fall down. It was so much fun! I felt like I was a kid again climbing through with them! They even had a 'flying bathtub' up at the top that the kids could climb in!
They are boxed in and can't escape! Actually it was part of the climbing structure--they had to climb up different levels.
Next was the 'car wash'! I would love to have something like this in my house that the kids could ride on all day! Caleb enjoyed the ride from his brother!It's sad for me to see Ty getting so big! I know he will out grow some of these things so quickly! He loved it here though and had a great time riding the big-wheel!
It was fun to have so many different bikes to try! Mara liked riding the big tricycle!
The museum had an art center where we did different arts and crafts. One of the things was play dough another thing was painting a giant rocket ship. They put smocks on the kids and gave them a bucket of paint and a paintbrush and anyone who wanted to helped paint this enormous spaceship could paint it. I don't know how many colors of paint were on that one spaceship! Once one color of paint ran out they filled up the bucket with another color! It was a great idea!
Mara was in LOVE with the kid's kitchen! She could have played in here all day long! She loved pretend baking, and cooking! She is a cute little chef!
Grocery shopping kid-style! What a fun place! They had 'real' food--it was fake but it sure looked real! Caleb loved filling up his grocery cart and checking out the customers!
Caleb's stuck behind glass!! Actually this was one of the coolest places, I should have taken a picture of the 'ball room'! Caleb is actually quite high up in a small room that you drop a ball on a ramp against the wall and the ball rolls down the ramp all around the room and it dings bells, and clanks things on the way and when it's done it ends up on the other side of the room in a box on the floor. The kids then retrieve the ball and do it again!! They have several balls and so it was fun to watch the children work together to have all the balls going at once!!
Ty riding the motorcycle! Too bad it's not a real motorcycle! Just one to sit on and pretend!Here they are in the pencil car, toothpaste car, and pickle car! They couldn't actually drive them but it was fun to sit and pretend! What a fabulous day at the Children's Museum! I felt like a kid again playing with my kids! There were so many things to see and do this was just a glimpse of our fun day!








2 comments:
That looks like such a fun place. We're heading up to the Children's Museum in Portland in the next few weeks. I absolutely love the silly cars!
Oh my gosh, the little grocery store used to be my favorite thing, ever!
Post a Comment