There is just something special about the daddy-daughter relationship! I am so grateful we have Mara in our family, she just brings such a sweet--sassy-girly-spirit into our home! (She also brings more drama!) But I am so thankful that we were blessed with a daughter!
I often joke with Nate (on a weekly basis) and say "I'm pretty sure today is take your kid to work day"!! We laugh, and he says "oh E!" But last week it really was take your kid to work day! So Mara was able to go to daddy's work for a few hours and spend time in his office!She thought that was the coolest thing to be with her daddy at work! (Caleb was NOT happy that he couldn't go too!) But I don't think Nate would have gotten any work if Caleb went! Mara sat by her dad and colored a picture of smokey bear, had a snack, and did a puzzle. It wasn't too long, but just long enough to feel special for being at work with her dad!
Mara has this thing for Nate! It's more than just a close relationship or bond! She is ALL about her daddy!! She loves her mom too--but she definitely prefers and always wants Nate! I love it! I love that she loves her dad so much! I think sometimes it makes Nate a little crazy! But deep down, I know he loves it too! I told Nate to enjoy every minute of this because there will be a time (hopefully not but most likely) when she doesn't think her dad (and mom) are that cool! So enjoy her hugs, kisses, sitting on your lap at dinner, wanting to be with you every waking moment, her little love taps on your bum, and coming in first thing in the morning to cuddle and snuggle!!
Oh Mara how we love you!! What a sweet-sweet girl you are!
5 comments:
Daddy daughter time is so special! I fondly remember going to work with my Dad as a child! It is priceless!
I sure love that crazy Mara Bear! I'm glad she got to spend a fun day with her dad!
They have an incredible relationship and when she is grown and looking for a guy, she will look for another Nate. Now, I ask you, who could be a better role model for a husband and father than Nate Lewis?
That is so fun that she got to go with her dad. I love those little bonds that they have. It is the best. You can't tell they are related :D Super cute photo!!
By the way I have missed play group too!! We have been good just crazy busy and the son has not been the happiest. Seth has been out of town. And you know exactly what that means grumpy kiddos..lol.
Not to mention grumpy mommy!! he he!!
Post a Comment