Monday, January 24, 2011

It's a New Year!!

Happy 2011!!!

Where did the last year go?! I can hardly believe it's a new year. I haven't really made any new year's resolutions, isn't every year the same thing? Well for me it seems that way: Pray more earnestly, read my scriptures more, lose a few pounds, and be a better person than I was last year!

For New Year's Eve we hung out at Aunt Chelsie's! We had a pizza and painting party! We finished painting her basement and then took it easy watching movies and playing games. We had the worst snow storm that night, a complete blizzard! We were tempted to stay the night on Chelsie's couches because of the road conditions, but we managed to drive safely back to Grandma Lewis's and made it to bed by 12:00!!
Happy New Year!

To celebrate the new year we headed to Nate's grandparents to visit with them and take the kids sledding. We started on the hill right next to their house, but it wasn't fast enough for my kids!
This little boy right here loved being pulled fast by his mama!

So we tried another hill close by! A lot faster--a lot better!

Grandpa giving Caleb a little push! Then Nate would catch him at the bottom!

What a fun way to start of the new year! It was a beautiful day, perfect for playing in the snow.

Ty had a great time, nothing is too fast for this kid!

Mara's reaction was the best: "This is AWESOME!" She would say after every ride down the hill. She could really cruise in Caleb's new sled!



After a fun day on the hill the kids are exhausted and ready to take a nap on their daddy! Nate was thrilled to watch a few football games with his dad and grandpa!

A few minutes later Grandpa Card and Nate were sleeping as well! A fun, relaxing, enjoyable day with family.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Right now the sleeping looks better than the sleigh ride. It must be bedtime.

I think I would have stayed at Chelsea'a at midnight. But Grandma and Grandpa Lewis would have been lonely.

You are all blessed to have a wonderful set of Grandparents.

Danielle said...

I love that picture of everyone asleep watching football! How cute!