Thursday, September 9, 2010

Preschool Princess

On Wednesday Mara had her first day of preschool!! We are doing a Joy school, with several friends from the neighborhood where each mom takes a Wednesday and teaches. It's about two hours long and I am thrilled for the experience to not only teach preschool but also to have Mara have this fun experience. I was super excited for her....but she was not as thrilled. She said that morning "I don't want to go to preschool, I want to stay with you."

She was such a little sinker that morning! She left her new bag that she got for her birthday on the door step and wouldn't even carry it.

I curled her hair and she looked so beautiful but she refused to let me take her picture!

There's a sassy little smirk for you! But that's all I got.

When we arrived at Suzie's house she threw her bag on the ground and refused to go up to the house! Oh dear, the poor teacher! She didn't want me to leave but she soon found a toy to play with and I slipped out the front door.

I wondered all morning how Mara did. It was a nice quiet morning with just Caleb. I loved my one on one time with him, we had a lot of fun together playing with toys, reading stories and playing hide-and-seek!

When I picked up Miss Mara she had a smile on her face and was so happy! She loved preschool. She had so much fun with her six other friends! I knew she could do it! I'm so glad she had a great day!

After school she even let me take her picture and she had a smile on her face!

Her preschool bag she got for her birthday from her friend Lucy. It came with markers that she was able to color herself! She did a really good job!

That is one happy preschool princess for you! She can hardly wait for next week when she gets to go again!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Her face in each picture said it all.
I am proud of her that she would even go. She is so used to being home with you.

This will be good for her and you too. I'm glad you have time for one on one with Caleb.
He's getting ready to play with toys and needs your time.

What will you do when you teach?

Danielle said...

What a goofy girl! I'm glad she ended up loving it though!!!

Moores said...

What a cute princess! I am so glad she is in preschool with us!