Monday, May 10, 2010

Way to go!

Friday sure was a day of celebration! It began with Ty's kindergarten program and ended watching Aunt "Beanie" (Danielle--Nate's sister) Graduate from the University of Utah in Accounting!

We drove up to Salt Lake and met the other members of the family at the Huntsman Center.
Mara and Grandma so happy to see each other!

Nate's pretty glad he wasn't graduating again, and very proud of his little sister!

Caleb loved clapping his hands when he heard applause!

Me and my little buddy--not a great self shot but we tried!

Caleb and his Auntie Chelsie--who helped keep him entertained with her bracelet, fruit snacks, any thing really!

There I was sitting in the commencement ceremony flipping through the booklet of all the graduates when a name caught my eye: Lowry, Scott Clegg! What?! That's my brother! Above his name: Lowry, Lorisa Worthen! Hey! That's my sister-in-law! I then realized this too was their graduation because they graduated early but moved to California and were not able to attend their graduation! So this is for you guys: Scott & Lorisa a picture of your graduation ceremony! Way to go you two! I'm so proud of you and glad that you could graduate together.
An interesting thing about this graduation was there was no speaker! The announcer opened the ceremony and welcomed everyone and went right into reading the names. The cool thing I liked was the individual that got the biggest cheer and applause was a woman who was walking in place of her husband who had been deployed and sent to Iraq.

Grandpa & Grandma Lewis--very proud and happy parents of their baby graduating from college!

Two Aunties!

Grandma Card came to honor Beanie!

Tom & Beanie-- a cute couple soon to be parents in October! YAY! Congrats!

Way to go Beanie! We are so proud of you! What an awesome accomplishment! We are glad you could graduate and hope you find a great job doing something you enjoy!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I am very proud of you too. College is a lot of hard work and sacrifice. It takes discipline and tenacity to finish. Congratulations.

I think it is wonderful that you have increased your cooking skills at the same time.

It is not easy being pregnant, but so worth all the inconveniences to hold your own baby. I am happy for you to welcome a new baby into your home.

Danielle said...

Thanks Erica and Marilyn! It means so much to me to have family that supports me! I love you all!