I already raved about her on her special day post--but there's more! Nate has always been worried that I won't be able to cut the apron stings...well, I think he's come to terms with these aprons strings just don't get cut! My mom is one of my best friends. Nate knows he will always be #1, but next to him there is my mom. She is the coolest lady around!
She loves to have fun. Growing up we always did great stuff like art projects, painting activities, visiting to interesting places. Now she does all these things with my kids.
She is a great cook--taught me everything I needed to know. While the boys were fixing things with their dad, I was cooking by my moms' side.
My mom is my biggest fan (next to my dad that is), she went to every game and cheered me on. She pushed me to do things I wouldn't have done on my own.
She put up with me and my tears at the piano bench and made me practice and have piano lessons at 6am! This I will eternally be grateful for becasuse I now love playing the piano and grateful for the opportunities at church when I can play the piano and organ.
She always listens to me and knows what to say to make it all better. My mom never gave me a curfew, she knew I would come home at the right time, and she was always in my bed waiting for me when I got home to hear about my night and what I did.
Thank you mom for being my mom!
I really do love you and grateful for all you do for me.
Mara and Kate sure had a fun time playing together at grandmas!
She loves to have fun. Growing up we always did great stuff like art projects, painting activities, visiting to interesting places. Now she does all these things with my kids.
She is a great cook--taught me everything I needed to know. While the boys were fixing things with their dad, I was cooking by my moms' side.
My mom is my biggest fan (next to my dad that is), she went to every game and cheered me on. She pushed me to do things I wouldn't have done on my own.
She put up with me and my tears at the piano bench and made me practice and have piano lessons at 6am! This I will eternally be grateful for becasuse I now love playing the piano and grateful for the opportunities at church when I can play the piano and organ.
She always listens to me and knows what to say to make it all better. My mom never gave me a curfew, she knew I would come home at the right time, and she was always in my bed waiting for me when I got home to hear about my night and what I did.
Thank you mom for being my mom!
I really do love you and grateful for all you do for me.
4 comments:
You are way too kind. You made it easy to be your mom. You were always co-operative, cheerful, dependable, positive, and a great leader. You always chose the right so there was no groundings, punishments, threats.
You made me look good! Thanks so much.
I am always grateful that you are my daughter,but better than that my best friend. Nate is so tolerant of our relationship. That is another reason that I love that guy!
I admire the way you went to work at 4:30 A.M. to earn some money for college. You were so disciplined. You never complained. You were frugal and saved every penny. You also made sure your tithing was paid. You learned to drive a stick shift car which was easy for you.
We have so many fun memories together. One that we laugh about is the way I never turned off the stove and always burned the hot-pads.
It's a good thing you followed me around or the house could have gone up in flames.
I hate to tell you that I am worse now that I have aged. Oh Well!
I am honored to be your mom.
You are the best woman/mother and friend! I love you to pieces and the example you set! And your mother is a wonderful example too! Aren't we blessed to have the mothers we do!
What an awesome Mother's Day post!
Darling post!! Looks like you had a great day!! Happy Mother's Day Erica:)! (late:)
Post a Comment