For the past week I kept having this feeling that my little 'bun in the oven' wasn't quite ready. The feeling persisted and I just felt like he needed more time to grow and develop. We don't know when his due date really is, we don't know how big he truly is, but we did find out two weeks ago his lungs weren't developed...so who's to say that they are developed now? We don't know! After talking to the Pediatric Nurse at the hospital (who also is a friend at my church) she told me that if our little guy would need to go to the NICU Tillamook doesn't have the capabilities and he would have to be taken to Portland but because of my c-section I would have stay in Tillamook. This alone made me feel like we needed to wait.
So the more we thought about it and prayed about it and talked to others about it, the more at peace we felt about waiting another week. My doctor felt that was a good decision but the only problem is she goes out of town on Saturday for a week! So we are waiting until she returns! I was very concerned about going into labor and not having my doctor around, but I've heard wonderful things about the fill in doctor and he has a lot of experience and I would be in good hands. So if I go into labor we know he's ready to come. If I don't go into labor we know that he'll be here on the 20th!! Wow that seems so far away! I might just be having another 10 lb baby but at least he will be developed and healthy!! So we'll see what happens! Until then we'll just keep wondering and dreaming about what this little one will look like and get more and more excited to see him!
Our two little angels!
No comments:
Post a Comment