Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Best Birthday!

What a great surprise! I thought for my birthday I would be going alone with the kids to Portland to visit the asthma specialist--but instead Nate had an overnight conference in Corvallis (two hours south/west) and invited us along! So we canceled all appointments and had a fun get away! We left early, early, early on Wednesday morning to get Nate to his meeting. While he was working the kids and I went Christmas shopping. I've had an urge to get all my shopping taken care of so I can focus on other Christmas things as well as a new baby! The kids and I had a great time in the big city of Corvallis--it was nice to have other options to shop at than just Fred Meyer!! We even went to a pet store and the kids thought that was so neat to see all the animals--no they are not getting a pet for Christmas but it's always fun to see parrots, fish, bunnies, and snakes!! We ate a great dinner at Ruby Tuesday's-it brought back many fabulous memories from our days in Logan (that was one of our favorite places to go and I don't think we've been there since.)
We noticed a bunch of Christmas lights and festivities down the road so we drove over to check it out. The Pepsi company put on a light show with music. We drove around the property enjoying the bright lights in the warmth of our car!

Ty's favorite part about staying in the hotel is the swimming pool! He asked from the moment we stepped in the door 'when are we going swimming?' Ty loves to swim, it doesn't even matter the temperature of the pool! And let me just say I don't think I've ever felt a colder pool! Ty jumped in and swam like a fish! Mara and daddy tried swimming in the cold pool for a little while but Mara decided she would be much better off in the hot tub with Mama! Ty was having a great time swimming until he got pulled under by daddy and started to cough--his coughing made him gag and you probably know what came next:-yup his entire plate of food ended up on the side of the pool!! Don't worry--we cleaned it up and decided that was enough swimming for one night! Ty said he was just fine and couldn't understand why he had to be done swimming!

To all our surprise Nate's meeting on Thursday was canceled! So we did a little more shopping and headed home! Thanks Nate for inviting us to come along and making the best birthday getaway! It was fun to see Corvallis and be with you!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

So glad you could get away. I wish you would have found a great deal on a new car. It will show up one of these days.

Ty is like a big fish. He has so much fun in the Tooele Pool. Mara and I just do not like cold water.

Sounds like a real vacation. A pet store is a fun stopover.

I'm tired. R.S. was a great success.

I am so glad that you could have a delightful birthday. I thought of you all day, and was grateful every moment that you are my daughter.
Love, Mimi

bhblood said...

How fun! What a nice getaway! Happy Birthday!
Hey- I want to send you a Christmas card so will you email me your address when you have a second? brettblood@msn.com
THANKS!!!