As part of the pioneer trek for our ward all those participating had the opportunity to meet with Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. It was amazing! Definitely an experience I hope to never forget! The spirit was so strong. It was so neat to sit in this small room of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and hear him speak just to our little group. He is a mighty man, full of the spirit of God and conveys such a powerful testimony. He shared with us a few thoughts about the pioneer trek. One thing he said was "This pioneer trek does not start with the pioneers coming to Utah, it begins with the story of Joseph Smith and will continue on forever...(something like that)" After he spoke to us he opened it up for questions and who ever wanted to ask a question could. That was pretty awesome too! I didn't ask any questions, we left that to the youth! But he had wonderful answers for all the questions!!
At the end of the night when it was time to go we were able to shake his hand! I'll never forget the feeling I had as I shook an apostle of the Lord's hand! His light just radiates and beams! I am so grateful to have leaders of our church on the earth to lead and guide us! I am especially grateful to have had this opportunity to meet Elder Ballard!
We had refreshments after the fireside and I not only enjoyed eating the tasty doughnut but I loved seeing this beautiful temple! I love all that the temple symbolizes: hope, faith, eternal families, exaltation!! The gospel of Jesus Christ is true! It is upon the earth in these Latter-days and I am so grateful to be a part of it! I am grateful for life on this earth and the knowledge of eternal life to come! I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ who made eternal life possible for everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment