Saturday, December 13, 2014

Happy Anniversary?!

November 20, 2001...my favorite day in all the world!
This was the day THIRTEEN years ago that Nate and I were married for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple!! I definitely feel 'lucky' to have married the greatest guy ever! I knew from our very first 'running date' that Nate was the one for me!

It feels like just yesterday we were married! I can't believe how the time has flown by!

Still as happy and excited about each other as we were back then! 

 And we still like kissing too!! ;)

 I often have recurring dreams that Nate and I are getting married...I'm so glad we only have to be married once! 

 I'm so glad Nate asked me to marry him! Best decision I've ever made!
 And they lived happily ever after! 

So here's the story of our 13th year celebration: Nate and I don't go out very often! Why eat out when you can eat good food at home?!! Anyway, so we got a gift card to Olive Garden and decided we'd go to lunch while the kids were at school. We took Carder with us and sat down to eat our lunch. As soon as we were seated my phone rang...the school calling! No way! The secretary said Ty was sick and needed to go home! So I called my neighbor and she said she would pick up Ty and take him home.  He could watch a movie until we got home! So we ordered our lunch, took a few bites....and all of a sudden Carder starting throwing up all over the table! Oh wow! It was horrible! I boxed up what we could of our food, washed off Carder, wiped up the table, and left as quick as we could!! We came home to find Ty sick on the couch with the stomach flu also! Well...so much for celebrating! Happy anniversary anyway!

I could list a million things I love about Nate...but I don't think I will! I'll just name a few! I love that Nate is so funny! He is always making me laugh! The one thing I liked about Nate from the beginning was how much we enjoyed talking with each other! And we still do! I love our pillow-talks at the end of our day just talking and laughing with each other! I love that Nate is a good listener! He always has good advice for me! I love what a great dad Nate is. He loves his kids so much and it makes me smile to see him wrestle, tickle, and interact with his kids! I'm grateful Nate provides for his family and that he is a righteous priesthood holder....

I could go on and on about what I love about Nate but he would probably be embarrassed!
Here's to 13 more happy years! Love you Nate with all my heart!

No comments: