I can't believe Christmas has come and gone! It feels like it was forever ago! We had a great time and made wonderful memories!
Instead of gingerbread houses this year we decorated a giant gingerbread man!
This creation wasn't nearly as much candy, creativity and fun, but the kids still seemed to enjoy it!
The finished product! And I must say it looks better than it tastes!
We celebrated Christmas Eve in our own house. It was really nice being home for the holidays! We felt very blessed to be able to have Mimi and Papa come down and be with us for Christmas. It was a special holiday celebrating the birth of our Savior. One of my favorite traditions is acting out the Nativity. This year we were able to perform it not once but three times!! I was asked to write the program for the Ward Christmas Party and let's just say it was well used!
Caleb was our Joseph!
Mara played our Mary. And Carder was our destroying angel! He refused to dress up and kept stealing the baby Jesus and running off with him!
Ty was the donkey and carried Mary to the stable! Because I had made the costumes for the Ward Christmas Program we had shepherds and wisemen too! The kids played all the parts but there aren't pictures because we were too involved in the program! It was not the spiritual evening I was hoping for, but it was still nice to read the story from Luke and hear the words of our Lord's birth!
My other favorite tradition is new jammies on Christmas Eve! This year I found matching jammies for the kids! So fun!
Christmas day was awesome! I have been accused of taking too many pictures and living in the future and not the present so let's just say I did not earn the mother of the year award for taking great pictures on Christmas! However, I was so caught up in the day of opening presents, playing games, making great food, playing dolls, figuring out the new wii....we just didn't have time for pictures! It was the most relaxing wonderful day!
Christmas day was awesome! I have been accused of taking too many pictures and living in the future and not the present so let's just say I did not earn the mother of the year award for taking great pictures on Christmas! However, I was so caught up in the day of opening presents, playing games, making great food, playing dolls, figuring out the new wii....we just didn't have time for pictures! It was the most relaxing wonderful day!
The kids all had a great Christmas! They received many nice gifts and seemed happy with what they got!
At 6:00 that evening Caleb sat down on the couch and fell asleep! I guess Christmas got to him! He was too tired!
It sure was fun having Mimi and Papa come down! We were glad they would come visit us. They left on Christmas day and headed to Salt Lake and California to visit the other grandkids! So grateful for awesome parents to who love their children and love being with their grandkids!



No comments:
Post a Comment