This Spring I was not only the 'Soccer-Mom' I was the 'Soccer-Coach-Mom'! It was a lot of fun coaching Mara's team! This was Mara's first time playing soccer and my first time coaching soccer! The first few practices and games were rough! I had five little preschoolers who didn't know how to play soccer! I thought all kids knew how to play! Mara was the only kid on my team who knew what she was doing! But with a little practice and help the other players by the end of the season got a little better!
Mara was so fun to watch! She is a very determined girl on and off the field! One night she really wanted to make a goal. So when she said the dinner prayer that night she prayed that she could make a goal! During the game she not only made one goal but THREE! She was so excited!
Ty also enjoyed the soccer season this spring! He is a great little soccer player! I wasn't able to watch him play as much this year since I was coaching Mara's team usually at the same time! But I sure do love watching this kid kick the ball and make goals!
At one of Ty's last games it was cold and windy! Ty wasn't really into his game and wasn't hustling or playing very hard. I told him I was not going to sit in the cold and watch him play soccer if he didn't play harder! I told him I wanted to see him dribble the ball all the way down the field and score!! Well my little pep-talk worked! He ran that field so hard and made FOUR goals! Way to go Ty!
Mara was not afraid to take the ball from anyone! She has had good practice while playing with Ty!
Ty cheering for his team!
Soccer is Ty's favorite sports! I'm glad he has so much fun playing!
And this little boy?! Well Caleb is a natural soccer player! He loved playing on Mara's team during practices! In one of the games there weren't enough kids to play so I let Caleb play! With a little help from his mama-coach he scored a goal! Way to go Caleb!
Mara is sure a great little soccer player!
It was a good experience for me to coach! The kids on my team were really cute and it was fun to be with Mara.
Mara always had a smile on her face while playing soccer! She's pretty tough too--one of the games she got smacked in the face with a ball! I gave her a quick kiss and pushed her back on the field! She was a trooper and didn't fuss or cry! Another time a boy head-butted her in the face. I thought he just pushed her down and I told her to 'rub it off!' When we got home she had a full-fledged black eye!
And the best part about soccer? The treats of course!! Caleb was a good sport during soccer season! Next fall he will get to play! I'm not sure if I'll coach again, but it was fun while it lasted!
No comments:
Post a Comment