Sometimes life just gets too busy and there are too many things on the 'must do list' that our 'would like to do list' never gets done! So I've tied myself to the computer so I can update a few pictures on the blog! It's about time!
Why does Christmas seem like a year ago?! It was only a couple months but it feels like it hardly happened! During the Christmas break we had some lovely sunny weather which we tried taking advantage of! Who knew it was December?! We barely needed jackets it was so nice! I honestly don't mind we didn't get much snow! I like a nice snow storm during the winter months then I'm ready for it to melt have have spring!!
A smile on his face makes it a perfect day!
It was sure nice having Ty out of school! I wish he would have had more time off!!
Fun day with my kids at the park enjoying the warm rays of sunshine! Can't wait for spring!
Another adventure we went on during the Christmas break was a drive not too far from our house called Nine Mile Canyon. In the canyon there are several Indian petroglyphs.
Here is one example you can kind of see on the rock wall.
We enjoyed the scenery and the beautiful drive. This is a cool balanced rock.
Another adventure we went on during the Christmas break was a drive not too far from our house called Nine Mile Canyon. In the canyon there are several Indian petroglyphs.
Here is one example you can kind of see on the rock wall.
We enjoyed the scenery and the beautiful drive. This is a cool balanced rock.I'm anxious to see this place in the summer when the snow has melted!
We couldn't really get out of the car because it was snowy and muddy so mostly we just stopped along the spots and took a few photos and kept driving.We were able to get out at this spot and hike through the snow just a little ways.
This is a famous petroglyph (which I can't remember it's name) but was very neat to see up close.
Had we had a little more time and brought out snow clothes the kids would have had fun playing in the snow here! We really didn't anticipate there being any snow since there wasn't any at our house!
The other factor we did not anticipate was the buddy road! As we first drove on the road it was nice and paved but the farther we got up the muddier and slushier it became! Nasty! This is actually our front window looking out! The mud was so thick and caked on we could barely see out! By the end of the drive our headlights weren't even showing and the mud so was thick we couldn't even tell what color our van was!! We had to go straight to the car wash and wash it not one but two times!! I think we won't be going up this road until the middle of the summer ever again! But it was a fun adventure for our family during the holiday vacation!!










No comments:
Post a Comment