Thursday, July 7, 2011

Face-Painting

My cute & sweet neighbor down the street called the other day to see if my kids would like to have their faces painted! SURE! What I was thinking and what she had in mind was completely different! When I heard face-painting I thought of a small image on their cheek--like a ball, or sword! I had no idea the entire face could be painted! But it sure turned out awesome!

It was a lot of fun for the kids and I had a kick watching it get done!

The first person brave enough was little Caleb! We put him in the chair and told him not to move! He just sat patiently wondering what Rita was doing to him! When we showed him what he looked like in the mirror he was sure surprised! "Spiderman!" he said! He couldn't believe it and kept looking in the mirror!

Mara wanted a butterfly and boy doesn't she look beautiful! It was so sparkly & fun!

And Ty?! Well, let's just say Ty's shy side came out and he was not excited or a fan of getting his face painted! He sat in the chair and cried and instead of making a big deal about it we said 'let's just do something on your arm!" So he consented (not really wanting to) and let Rita paint a snake on his arm! When we got home he was excited and could hardly wait to show his dad! Funny kid!

Who knew I lived by a professional face-painter! What a fun memory! Maybe next time Ty will let Rita paint his face--maybe not!

2 comments:

Oveson's said...

Wow...I did not even know rita had that tallent. I now know who to call when I need something awesome painted!! So fun!!

Marilyn said...

Does Rita's paint cover up wrinkles?

Very Professionally done. Hopefully Blake will see Mara's butterfly face.

Caleb looks terrific. Shy Ty had a good idea too.
Another fun day at the Lewis's.