Friday, April 15, 2011

Randomness!

You know if I haven't blogged for over a week (gosh it's been TWO!) that I'm either working hard on projects or playing hard with my kids! Luckily we've had a little of both!
So it's time to play 'Blog-Catchup!' So to play this blog-catchup game I am going to post a bunch of random pictures from over the past two weeks:
Ready! Set! Go!

Enjoying ever minute of Spring:
Lately we have had cold breezy weather-- so when we get a warm sunny day we basically live outside all day long!!
We love going to playgroup--and we love when it's nice weather and we can meet at the park! Caleb's playing with his two buddies Skyler and Will!

Picnics outside are one of our favorite ways to enjoy the sunshine!

I just love those little blowing bubble lips on that boy! It's quite a hoot to watch Caleb try and blow bubbles!

And another favorite thing about springtime---strawberries! Yum! Saturdays and Sundays are always our 'special breakfast' days! I woke up on Saturday and realized I had both whip-cream and strawberries in my fridge and so we had them on waffles--it was scrumptious!

Addictions
We all have addictions, some have more than others. Some addictions are good, others are bad. I guess you could say I'm addicted to painting! Not that I love to do it, just that I love the end result! I took on one more painting project (Nate made me promise to quit, but we'll see how long I last!)
Our wall going down the stairs was in desperate need of attention. It had no hand-rail, but at one time had it on both sides! It had been ripped off over and over by the previous owners! I decided it needed to go back up for Caleb's safety, but that meant the wall had to be painted first!

So I patched up the walls, but it left some parts smooth and other parts with a texture. No problem--I used a bucket of joint compound with a little water and rolled it onto the wall using a paint roller.

End result: Perfect looking walls! My name is Erica and I am obsessed and addicted to painting my house! Next painting project: upstairs bathroom!


Lewis Family Fun Night:
What's more fun than a family bowling night?! The kids had been begging to go bowling for a long time, so we decided we might as well go one Friday night! We were the only ones at the bowling alley! The kids really had a ball!

Caleb was hilarious to watch bowl--he would sit down and roll his ball and just watch it go down the lane! He had to have a little help from his dad, or his ball would have never made it!

Two bowling brothers!

Just for documentation: I was really there! Caleb wasn't too sure what I was doing with the camera!

What a sassy-little bowler!! Mara is quite good, she had practice a few weeks ago at play group!

It's good to see a smile on Ty's face, because he got rather sad when everyone else got a spare but him! He did a great job bowling, all on his own! But he really wanted to get a strike or a spare! I guess we'll have to go again so we can keep practicing until he gets it!

Check out the score! Sweet! One of my best games yet!!
Okay--confession! Although it says E has 155 points, for some reason the computer messed up on the first bowl and so we had to switch so Nate played for me and I played for him! I was glad to beat 100 though!!

This score was right, however ---it's funny that the youngest player got the highest score! I guess because Caleb had a little help from mom and dad!

Just to make you smile:
I wish I was better at writing down all the funny things my kids do and say! But this story I couldn't forget and had to write down for others to enjoy!

One day Ty was teaching Mara about money! He was telling her all about the coins and their value. She didn't seem very interested and it was rather over her head! He got annoyed and came storming in the kitchen and said, "Mara is not listening to me! I guess she wants to have the brain the size of a stegosaurus! If she doesn't want to learn her brain won't grow and stegosauruses have the smallest brains!" I couldn't help but chuckle at his analogy using dinosaur brains!!

My kids love Tom & Jerry, and Caleb couldn't resist getting in this little Tom & Jerry car when he saw it at the store!

"Spider-man!" I just love hearing Caleb try to say "Spiderman!" Match-match double-match!! Two matching brother! The spiderman jammies Caleb is wearing used to fit Ty when he was little!

Probably not the most appropriate picture for the blog--but it was pretty hilarious! Caleb is starting the potty-training, but not full force! Just occasional sitting on the potty here and there! When he does sit on the potty he usually has to have a toy, book, or puzzle to play with! In this case, an Easter bucket was all the needed!

4 comments:

Moores said...

Fun pictures! Good luck with the potty training! Caleb is such a fun boy. Your strawberry waffles looked delicious!

Danielle said...

I have a brain the size of a stegosaurus, too! :(

I sure love you guys!

Shirlee Entzel said...

Looks like a family full of fun! I love your home projects, your house looks beautiful!! Ty, Mara, and Caleb are so big! They are growing growing growing!!!

Oveson's said...

Ha ha .....love the Easter bucket. Way to go on the potty training mom. We have attempted and skyler really is not so happy with the idea. By the way if you ever get that desire to paint feel free to come to my house any time!! :)

PS those are some pretty cute boys playing together....so fun. Love play group!!