Thursday was my birthday--the BIG 2-9!! I think I will stay 29 forever now--okay maybe not but the thought of turning 30 makes me feel a lot older! We spent the day driving home from Utah. It wasn't too bad: Pendelton to Tillamook: six hours. I woke up expecting a big "Happy Birthday Wife!" from Nate and it never came! So I waited and waited. Still--nothing! I thought it was a little bizarre but wasn't going to drop any hints and see how long we could go without him remembering! We were driving down the road around noon and Nate asked what I wanted for lunch. I said 'oh whatever we find.' And then out of the blue something just hit him and he said "Wait a minute, today is December 3! It's your birthday! Happy Birthday Wife!" It was hilarious! So to make up for almost forgetting my birthday Nate took me to Macaroni Grill in Portland for lunch. Delicious! I love that restaurant!The kids did great. They were happy to be out of the car!




For my birthday treat I wanted to go to Voo Doo Doughnuts. It's a famous place in Portland that sells crazy and intersting doughnuts. Such as bacon wrapped maple bar! Sounds gross-- it is delicous! The other one we had that was intersting was banana fritter, chocolate frosting, peanut butter, chocolate chips and nuts! Pretty good--not as good as the bacon one! But pretty darn tasty! We also had the famous voo doo doughnut which wasn't anything out-of-the-ordinary. A voo doo shaped doll with strawberry filling and chocolate frosting! If we were going to be around longer I would say that voo doo doughnuts on my birthday would be a tradition!!

4 comments:
Happy Birthday! 29, wow! It seems like just yesterday we were sitting in clothing class! :)
Do you mean that I need to get fly into Portland again. We tried twice to find VooDoo, and I'm glad you were successful. They should have fixed all sugar cravings.
Glad Nate took you for a super lunch, and that the children were good. It is so nice when everyone cooperates.
Thanks always for the update.
VooDoo donuts huh? We're going to have to try them. Glad you had a good trip home, that you came home, and that you enjoyed your Birthday.
We did that last year!! We drove home, to Tillamook, from Salt Lake on my birthday after Christmas! Your birthday sounds like it turned out a little better...:)
Post a Comment