Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dinosaurs and Dollies

Our little Ty-Rex


Ty is our little paleontologist! Who knew a kid could love dinosaurs so much? For Ty's birthday he received a dinosaur kit that included a big solid rock with dinosaur bones inside. He had to dig, and dig, and dig until he found each bone.






















He was such a hard worker! He just loved digging for bones! Grandma asked him if he wanted to take a break and read some stories. He said okay, but when they were almost through with the story he said "Are we done yet grandma? I want to finish digging!"



































Every time he found a new bone he was so excited! "Hurry Grandma come see! I found another bone!"













Next he had to put the bones together and make the T-rex. He had a little help putting them together, but he mostly was able to do it himself!














Then he painted it! What a great little kit! He spent HOURS on this little project!

























The finished product! Wow! What a cool dinosaur! Way to go Ty!








Princess Ann Dolly
As for our little sweetie--she loves playing with dolls! She definitely doesn't get that from her mother, but I'm glad she is a little girly and enjoys playing dollies! She loves to feed (and nurse) them! She takes them for walks, changes their diapers, and puts them down for a nap! Basically everything I do to Caleb-she does to her doll! She has two dolls: one is named Baby, the other is Samanino--a name Ty gave her and it stuck!



The other thing Mara loves is playing with her baby brother! She just can't get enough of baby Ca-ub. This video is a riot!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe how talkative your little guy Ty is in the dino video. That was so funny to watch. His kit looked really neat, I can tell he was having fun doing it all.

Anonymous said...

Mara & caleb are so cute, Wrigley laughs at Madi like that sometimes too. As long as she isn't on top of him. Your videos & pictures are always fun to see.

Lorisa said...

Those videos were so cute! Thanks for sharing. You have such cute kids!

Marilyn said...

That is the perfect birthday present for Ty. It is wonderful to see that his attention span is now so long.I can tell his birthday was marvelous.

Thanks for the darling video of Mara and Caleb. I laughed right along with them. Hearing Caleb laugh was a first for me, and I just want to hold him and love him. Mara is a great entertainer.