Monday, September 22, 2008

Arts & Crafts Day!


I am always in search of new and exciting adventures and fun things to do with the kids! My friend told me of a free program in Bay City at the Bay City Arts Center every Monday mornings. It is a program for children ages 1-4 and their moms to do some sort of art or craft activity. I thought it sounded like a great idea so the kids and I went today to check it out! It was pretty fun, there were ten other moms with their kids. We started the morning with some songs and activities. I was pretty impressed with Ty--he was the oldest one there and he showed the other kids how to do the hokey-pokey and head-shoulders-knees-and toes!! For the activity we finger painted with colored pudding! It was not only fun but tasty too!! Ty and Mara were a little hesitant at first getting their hands 'dirty'!! But they had a good time. The Art Center is across the street from the park so we had a fun time with friends at the park after the finger painting project. What a great day!

No comments: